Why Nova Scotia?

Why not Nova Scotia might be the better question. It's one of those exotic sounding places that I've never been to and that's reason enough for me. I plan on leaving around the 8th of May and spending several weeks on the ride. Along the way I'll be camping out, visiting unsuspecting friends , and maybe getting to ride along with them for awhile. Let me know if you're up to either!

CLICK ON THE PICTURES FOR A LARGER IMAGE, THEN USE YOUR BACK KEY TO RETURN TO REGULAR VIEWING.

Saturday, May 16, 2009

May 14 – Time to head home & regroup




Rising early this morning I realized I had to head home where I could regroup and make the necessary changes to my personal information that was listed in the lost/stolen notebook. I’m fairly careful about such things and although the data was locked up in password protected files I still wanted to change them. Plus another bit of nastiness had surfaced this morning: The oil leaks that had plagued me during the last ride to Alaska had reappeared in full force. I’d had the local dealer attend to them and although he thought they were in check apparently it was not so and that was bad news indeed.

Saying goodbye to Ron and Rita I poked the “Go Home” selection on the GPS and headed out, this time north to the I-5 freeway. I love that GPS, were it not for it I’d still be wandering around in Concord. The ride north was actually pretty nice once I got into the mountainous area and things began to cool down.

I arrived in the little town of Yreka in late afternoon and that’s where I became acquainted with Motel 6, the new love of my traveling life. Just $39.95 for one person is a fabulous price. Included are a clean bed, hot shower, a great TV, and air conditioning that’s quiet and actually works. To top it off right next door was the Black Bear restaurant, home of gigantic meals designed to keep your appetite in check for hours. I overindulged and went back to the room where I watched some nondescript program until my brain shut down for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment