Why Nova Scotia?

Why not Nova Scotia might be the better question. It's one of those exotic sounding places that I've never been to and that's reason enough for me. I plan on leaving around the 8th of May and spending several weeks on the ride. Along the way I'll be camping out, visiting unsuspecting friends , and maybe getting to ride along with them for awhile. Let me know if you're up to either!

CLICK ON THE PICTURES FOR A LARGER IMAGE, THEN USE YOUR BACK KEY TO RETURN TO REGULAR VIEWING.

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

May 20 – Ninja’s back in trim




Today was weigh-in day for the Ninja, former contender for the World’s Most Bloated Ninja title. I rode into Coos Bay for lunch with Linda and on the way I stopped by the truck scale for a moment of truth. I’d already received my own personal FAT report earlier today and although I’m not happy with it I’ll settle for it. The Ninja on the other hand is now a svelte 500 lbs fully loaded. Factory specs list her at 444 lbs wet weight so that means she’s only carrying an extra 56 lbs of cargo, including panniers, racks, and tank bag. Not bad.

There are a couple of minor items to attend to before this coming Saturday’s departure date but nothing of any consequence. My desktop weather widget shows sunshine through Sunday with balmy temps in the low 60’s so the run up the coast should be most pleasant.

Today is also the first time I'm posting to the blog from my new non-insurance-covered notebook PC... 3rd time's a charm, eh?

2 comments:

  1. 158 !!! Man, you skinny! Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not as skinny as I'd like to be but I seem to be locked at 157 - 158 no matter what I try. At least I can still get into my 'Stich providing I let out the slack...

    ReplyDelete