Why Nova Scotia?

Why not Nova Scotia might be the better question. It's one of those exotic sounding places that I've never been to and that's reason enough for me. I plan on leaving around the 8th of May and spending several weeks on the ride. Along the way I'll be camping out, visiting unsuspecting friends , and maybe getting to ride along with them for awhile. Let me know if you're up to either!

CLICK ON THE PICTURES FOR A LARGER IMAGE, THEN USE YOUR BACK KEY TO RETURN TO REGULAR VIEWING.

Friday, May 22, 2009

May 22 – Last minute details





I don't know if I mentioned it but my knees were getting sore after a couple of hours when I wear the Aerostich Roadcrafter so I ordered a full set of their softer TF2 pads. They arrived this afternoon and I installed them, then wore the suit around the house for awhile and finally fell asleep in it watching TV. What a difference the new pads make, unbelievable.

Another thing I never cared for was the suit always seemed so damned stiff. Then I remembered reading something about throwing it in the clothes dryer on tumble dry for an hour so I did that today too. That seemed to soften it up quite a bit so the combination of the new pads and the dryer has really turned it into a comfortable riding suit. Or a very expensive pair of jammies...

That was the very last item on my list, the bikes packed up (again) and I'm ready to roll out first thing tomorrow morning.

Keep the faith...

LL

1 comment:

  1. I had a pair of "Draggin' Jeans" once and they were stiff as plywood. When I got done washing, bleaching, fabric softening, drying, the Kevlar lining all fell apart in tiny pieces! Nice.

    ReplyDelete